Saturday, August 13, 2011

Please Inform The Captain This Is A Hijack

Please Inform The Captain This Is A Hijack! The end.
That's really all you need, but on the off chance that's not enough here is a little something something. PITCTIAH is a unconventional 6 piece punk band fronted by Mike Kirsch of Fuel and Bread And Circuits. Spastic, innovative and theatrical. This shit slays! An inserpt off their myspace says, "... Please Inform The Captain This Is A Hijack is a theatrical combination of music and politics, with a sound that is rough and rumble synthesis of Former Members of Alfonsin and Bread And Circuits." Below is their only two releases. Mike Kirsch and others went on to form Baader Brains, which picks up right where these guys left off. Also check out Mothercountry Motherfuckers, if you can find mp3's let me know, which is another band from members of these two.
***I'm sure both of those bands will find their way on this blog in the future so keep checking back!***

Defeat Or Humiliate The United States Of America LP

Self Titled 12" EP

I wanted to post this pick because it is sweet and creepy!

4 comments:

  1. hmmm... well it's unconventional all right and quite interesting, but i don't know about innovative... that EP just sounds like they wanna be ATD-I

    ReplyDelete
  2. incidentally, a quick check on wikipedia reveals that mike kirsch later became *sarah* kirsch... and died last december. doesn't say what happened to him/her though

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah Kirsch died of leukemia. And before you go accusing these guys of being ATD-I ripoffs, do your research. PICTIH's sound is an obvious evolution from the members' prior bands, some of which are named in the description above. These dudes were doing it well before ATD-I, and I'd be surprised if any of them even listened to that band.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PITCTIAH are the best. Listening to them right now in fact. They were crazy innovative. I get the ATDi comparisons (I love them also) but they have their own feel I think. A different energy.

    I didn't like any of Mike's other bands nearly as much as this one though.

    ReplyDelete