Sunday, June 24, 2012

Toe


RE-POST! Instrumental (most of the time), Indie, math-rock, and experimental. Japan's Toe shine a new light on instrumental music. They have lots of awesome stuff happening in their songs. Pretty picking, jazzy drums, cool sounding keyboards, and effects up the wahzoo from all of the above. I do warn that these guy aren't for everybody. They do get a little odd at times, but if you like the genres above and the bands below, I think you'll dig. If you're still a little cautious about jumping on this, I'd recommend downloading The Book About My Idle Plot On A Vague Anxiety first. It's straight ahead indie math-rock goodness. This is all their stuff, download and open your mind.   

*Note: On the Collection Of Colonies Of Bees split the first track is a Pele song covered by Toe, and the second is a remix version of a Toe song. I can't find the original, so I'm assuming the remix is the original. It be great if someone could tell me otherwise.

For fans of:  Mogwai, Don Caballero, New Electric, & American Football    





1 comment:

  1. Could you get there new stuff hear you on this please please please

    ReplyDelete